The reviews are in and critics are loving THE FULL SCOOP!
- “Readers will hope to see more of the intrepid Riley” — Publishers Weekly
- “[an] amiable fourth mystery” — Publishers Weekly
“Fans of Orr’s series will enjoy the puzzle that propels this quick read.” –Booklist
- “… fans expect humor in Orr’s work, and they’ll find it here, but they may also enjoy a more pensive version of their heroine.” — Booklist
- “A shift in tone produces something a little more murderous…” — Kirkus Reviews
Praise for THE UGLY TRUTH
- “Millennials will love following Riley Ellison, junior reporter, on her laugh-out-loud adventures in the quaint town of Tuttle Corner, Virginia…. Riley is a heroine for the twenty-first century, struggling, like others of her generation, with such contemporary concerns as online dating and obnoxious coworkers. Her romantic misadventures provide most of the comedy here, but there’s plenty of suspense, too; an additional source of appeal is Tuttle Corner itself, a thoroughly quirky but realistically drawn small town full of eccentric and amusing characters… Orr’s series is perfect for fans of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum and Kyra Davis’ Sophie Katz, witty protagonists who always mix fun with murder. The Ugly Truth is a great vacation read for comic mystery fans.” –Booklist, a starred review and a Best Books of the Week, June 18, 2019.
- “Delightfully comic… highly amusing… Quirky characters enliven the carefully constructed plot.”
— Publishers Weekly
- Riley is mentioned as one of the top new amateur sleuths by The Booklist Reader! https://www.booklistreader.com/2019/05/13/books-and-authors/move-over-miss-marple/
- “Once again, the author delivers a comedic delight in a book that quickly became a page turner as I could not put it down.” – Dru’s Book Musings. Read the full review here.
- “Jill Orr hits an almost impossible combo with The Ugly Truth; page-turning suspense, laugh-out-loud humor, and a delightfully complex mystery you just can’t put down. If you like smart criminals, smarter women sleuths, and endearing side characters you care about, Orr delivers with the third book in her charming Riley Ellison series.”
— Libby Kirsch, Emmy Award winning journalist and author of the Stella Reynolds Mystery Series and the Janet Black Mystery Series
- “Jill Orr’s comedic capers shine on! The third Riley Ellison mystery The Ugly Truth had me in stitches and made me want visit Tuttle Corner to join Riley on one of her hilarious adventures. Do your funny bone a favor, and pick this book up now.”
—Hannah Mary McKinnon, author of The Neighbors and Her Secret Son
Praise for THE BAD BREAK
- “The laughs keep coming with Riley and her network of all-but-unbelievable co-stars…” “High shine.” – Kirkus Reviews
- “An enjoyable sequel.” “Fans of comic light mysteries will be rewarded.” – Publishers Weekly
- “Perfect for cozy lovers who want something more modern.” And, “Readers will enjoy Riley’s humor and determination…” – Booklist
- “By actually capturing the unique voice of a generation Orr brings something out of the ordinary and elusive to so many.” – BookTrib.com
- “There’s no sophomore slump for this author as she delivers a well-written tome that I could not put down…” Dru’s Book Musings.
- “Riley is back and just as hilarious as remembered.” – Kristopher Zgorski, BOLO Books
- “There are so many things I loved about this book.” – Bookish & Bright
- “Here comes Riley Ellison, the journalist-slash-hero we need right now. She solves murders! She writes obits! I loved this fresh page-turner―it’s fun, funny, and moves like lightning. Jill Orr has created a complex plot and complex contemporary characters that make murder quite delightful. Can’t wait for the next in the series.”― Lian Dolan, Satellite Sister and author of the bestselling novels Helen of Pasadena and Elizabeth the First Wife
- “I fell in love with this book.” – TotalBookLover. com
- “Deft at imbuing her pop-off-the-page characters with both humor and heart, Jill Orr also spins a gem of a twisty mystery that will leave readers breathless as they chase a huge (and dangerous) headline with Tuttle Corner’s sassy, scrappy new star reporter, Riley Ellison. Utterly delightful―don’t miss this one, y’all!”― LynDee Walker, Agatha Award–nominated author of Lethal Lifestyles and Front Page Fatality
- “A ray of sunshine cloaked in a mystery. Orr is one to watch―the best humorous mystery writer around, with a voice all her own.”― Laura McHugh, internationally bestselling author of The Weight of Blood and Arrowood
- Press Round-up from launch week
Praise for THE GOOD BYLINE
“Orr’s debut mystery is a fun romp populated with peculiar characters. Recommend to new adult fans or admirers of Janet Evanovich’s ‘Stephanie Plum’ capers.” -Library Journal
“Fresh and funny, romantic and sunny… a smart cozy series…” -Carole Barrowman, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“THE GOOD BYLINE is a breath of fresh air… a pitch-perfect summer read.”-Columbia Daily Tribune
“Jill Orr has put pure joy on the page with The Good Byline. So if you need a bit of distraction from the real world, this might just be the antidote you are looking for.”-BOLO Books review
“This was a fun read that was hard to put down, quickly becoming a page turner… a delightfully amusing adventure in the life of Riley Ellison who tickled my funny bone with her internal obit-type dialogue. I look forward to the next book in this wonderfully humorous debut series.”-Dru’s Book Musings
“Who knew obituaries could be this much fun?” –Gretchen Archer, USA TODAY-bestselling author of the Davis Way Crime Caper series
“Jill Orr’s delightful, laugh-out-loud debut is the perfect mix of mystery, humor, and romance, anchored by an endearing heroine you can’t help but root for. A fun, fast- paced read with a satisfying mystery at its heart. Perfect for fans of Janet Evanovich.” -Laura McHugh, award-winning author of Arrowood and The Weight of Blood
“In this irresistible page-turner, Jill Orr delivers a funny, smartly written mystery featuring a charming heroine and appealing setting. I can’t wait to join millennial Riley Ellison on future adventures — and misadventures! – Ellen Byron, award-winning author of the Cajun Country mysteries
“Jill Orr’s Tuttle Corner is absolutely charming, and you’ll want to hang out more in this Virginian small town with Riley and her cast of friends. The methodical local reporter, Will Holman, is a standout, and here’s hoping he will appear in more of Riley’s mystery adventures. Fans of Hannah Dennison’s Vicky Hill series will definitely devour this debut!” –Naomi Hirahara, Edgar Award winning author of the Mas Arai and Ellie Rush mystery series
“Riley ‘Bless her Heart’ Ellison is a breath of fresh air—a funny, empathic, Millennial heroine. She kept me turning the pages well into the night.” –Susan M. Boyer, USA TODAY Bestselling author of the Liz Talbot Mystery series.